[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 19

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Jun 10 06:54:12 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 20:13 +1200, Hamish wrote:
> David Finlayson wrote:
> > As far as I am concerned, there are more pressing issues for GRASS
> > than the GUI.
>
> 1) Get NVIZ working* on Fedora Core 5 then release GRASS 6.1.0 as a
> development snapshot.
>
> 2) see (1).
>
> [*] Figure out if it is a 64bit problem, a dreaded TclTk 8.4+threading
> error, TclTk 8.5 newness, or something that happened with the Togl 1.7
> update.
>

> Reported by Helena:
>
> >> nviz gives me:
> >>
> >> GRASS 6.1.cvs (jockeystft):/bigdata/lindata > nviz el01.z4
> >> translating colors from fp
> >> X Error of failed request: GLXBadContext
> >> Major opcode of failed request: 143 (GLX)
> >> Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
> >> Serial number of failed request: 201
> >> Current serial number in output stream: 201
>
> and same by Jaime Carrera:
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/13687

I thought this had been fixed?  Could it be a missing dependency (mesa
or equiv.?)?

I'm currently running FC5, 64bit, with FC5 packages of TclTk* and *GL*
and I have no problem with nviz in Spearfish (anymore).

Export to image formats are still broken (some segv(), some write bad
data).  Animation via ffmpeg 'works', but again, writes bad data.
The 64bit data corruption and segv() issues needs to be fixed before 6.2
goes gold.  I'll see if I can't hunt down and correct the segv()s this
weekend.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785