[GRASS-dev] grass6.2?

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Sat Jun 10 08:54:34 EDT 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Michael Barton wrote:

> georectifier: C script for RMS error, updates to v.transform so that it can
> read or ignore a 5th column (use gcp) in a points file, creation of v.group
> (if everyone thinks this is a good idea). The last two are for consistency,
> but not required for functionality. I have everything running as is now
> except for RMS.

I haven't followed the discussions about this so closely. Would you mind
telling me what it is that you way, then I could maybe whip up a module
to do the calculations. Do we have some sort of equation(s)?

> v.digit: I don't think this will get done. Jachym's efforts have been
> directed towards pyGTK. This is nice for the future, but doesn't help for
> 6.2. Unless someone jumps into the breach soon, we should just accept that
> you will need x11 (or QGIS) for digitizing for now.

Also v.edit would need some more doing. esp. the delete doesn't work, and
I haven't had time to have a good look at it ): I'm also having strange
problems with adding adjacent areas. if they are only N-S,E-W it's all
good, but if not then I'd need to do some voodoo to make it work. why?

i.e. this works:
+---+---+
|   |   |
+---+---+
|   |   |
+---+---+

This doesn't
     +---+---+
    /|  /|  /
   +-+-+-+-+
  /  |/  |/
+---+---+

Can anyone give me a clue on what is going on?

--W

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>