[GRASS-dev] [bug #4557] (grass) problem with v.surf.rst cross validation

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Jun 11 07:17:48 EDT 2006

Marie,

Indeed in Grass 6.0x for turning on the CV there is '-v'. In the newer Grass
6.1, as Helena says, there is '-c'.

Question for devs - is it good that we have the flags not preserved between
6.0 and 6.1?

Getting back to  Marie's problem

> v.surf.rst input=punti_interpolazione layer=0 dmax=4.999977 dmin=0.999995
> cvdev=cross_test zmult=1.0 tension=40. smooth=0.1 segmax=40 npmin=100 -v

> DBMI-DBF driver error:
> SQL parser error in statement:
> create table punti_interpolazione.cross_test ( cat integer, flt1 double
> precision)
> Error in db_execute_immediate()

Marie,

I don't why v.surf.rst is trying to create a table
'punti_interpolazione.cross_test' when your requested CV vector name is
'cross_test'. Especially that the dot in the table name is illegal
(http://grass.itc.it/grass61/manuals/html61_user/sql.html).

Moreover I can't reproduce the error in my Grass 6.02 instalation
(2006_01_28), using exactly the same command as you did. Are you sure you
pastes *exactly* the command you used, and that there was no dot in 'cvdev'
name by nay chance?

Can you try the latest 6.0x version, which is 6.02, and let us know how it
works? 6.0 is over a year old now.

Maciek