[GRASS-dev] 64bit image issues (WAS: Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 19)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jun 12 07:01:25 EDT 2006

Brad Douglas wrote:

> Although, I still cannot create high resolution PPM images, this is the
> right thing to do (no longer segv()s and I added some temp debug code to
> check the validity of the returned values).  Please commit.

Will do.

> FYI, it is exiting with status 01 and I can only assume the error has
> nothing to do with GRASS (looks like the xorg GLX module needs work?):

Either that, or libGL needs work. What does glxinfo say about the
server's GLX version?

If the server reports 1.3, it's the server's fault for claiming to
support GLX 1.3 then complaining about getting GLX 1.3 requests. If it
reports 1.2, it's the library's fault for trying to send GLX 1.3
requests to a server which doesn't support them.

I suppose that the off-screen rendering code should probably have a
run-time mechanism to disable attempts to create a pbuffer (probably
for GLX Pixmaps also) in case of buggy OpenGL implementations (which,
unfortuntately, are quite common).

If DRI is in use, you could try "export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1" to
disable it, in case the problem is with the DRI module.

For now, you can manually undefine HAVE_PBUFFERS (and optionally
HAVE_PIXMAPS as well) in config.h before compiling NVIZ. That will
allow you to determine whether there are any other bugs in that code.