[GRASS-dev] lib/vask

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Jun 17 13:42:12 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 12:04 +0200, Maciek Sieczka wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:55:22 +0100
> Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>
> > i.orpho.photo is one of those "applications" for which the only
> > sensible solution is a complete rewrite (or complete disposal; how
> > important is it?)
>
> Very. I don't know of any other FOSS tool than can can orthorectify
> aerial photographs using an already existing DEM.
>
> The only similar one is e-foto project, but their philosophy is a bit
> different - DEM is created from stereo aerial photographs, then they
> are orthorectified using that DEM.
>
> Unique and good thing about i.orpho.photo is that you can orthorectify
> even a single photo, or a set of photos which don't overlap enough to be
> used for extracting DEM in e-foto or other photogrammetry software.
>
> Please don't remove i.orpho.photo.

Agreed.  This module is extremely important to me.  If I can't rectify
images, GRASS becomes somewhat unusable to me.  Most of the imagery
commands are quite important to me.

I believe i.ortho.photo will require input from one method or another.
I don't see it working without interactive input, either.  This is one
of the other reasons I brought up the subject of lib/vask again.  I'm
honestly stumped as to how to resolve this without rewriting the module
as GRASS advances.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785