[GRASS-dev] lib/vask

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sun Jun 18 07:28:50 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 06:10 +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Ok, if disposal is out of the question, it will need to be re-written
> if vask is to be eliminated.
>
> > I believe i.ortho.photo will require input from one method or another.
> > I don't see it working without interactive input, either.
>
> Could you explain why?

It is sometimes the case that the imagery being rectified (warped) has
no GCPs (ground control points) and sometimes we have to resort to
visual inspection and selection of points between images to transform
them.  It is also sometimes the case that we have to supplement supplied
GPCs (maybe only the corner and center points are provided) to yield
desired results.  This makes heavy use of the primitive GUI (images in
subwindows, zooming, menus, etc).

> > This is one
> > of the other reasons I brought up the subject of lib/vask again.  I'm
> > honestly stumped as to how to resolve this without rewriting the module
> > as GRASS advances.
>
> You can't resolve it without re-writing the module.

I expect that.  I just want to do it only once. :-)

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785