[GRASS-dev] i.points, i.vpoints now use G_parser()

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jun 26 07:16:18 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> >> What information does it return and in what format?
> >
> > Number of active points: %d
> > Forward:
> > x[%d] = %.2f
> > y[%d] = %.2f
> > g[%d] = %.2f
> > RMS = %.2f
> > Reverse:
> > x[%d] = %.2f
> > y[%d] = %.2f
> > g[%d] = %.2f
> > RMS = %.2f
> >
> > The "x[%d] = %.2f" etc indicates the index of the point with the
> > greatest x/y/diagonal error and the corresponding error value.
> >
> > I can change the format or add certain additional information (e.g.
> > the error for every point) easily enough.
>
> Is g[%d] the diagonal distance?

Yes ("g" for "ground" distance).

> I'd prefer to see the values for each point.

That's easy enough to generate. Do you need the disabled points as
well? Currently, the errors are only being computed for valid points.

Presumably disabled points shouldn't be included in the RMS error,
even if the individual errors are being displayed.

> Sorry for being dense, but does it return a string that includes newlines
> like the following...
>
> "Number of active points: 5\nForward:\nx = 999999.999\ny = 9999999.999\n..."
>
> ...or just the values like the following...
>
> "5 999999.999 9999999.999..."

The format should be exactly as described above, except with the
%d/%.2f specifiers replaced with actual values.

I can change the format to whatever is easiest to process.