[GRASS-dev] lib/vask [i.points replacement]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Jun 26 12:56:53 EDT 2006

Glynn and Hamish,

One more thought. Because the GRASS database is a set of geospatial
information for a particular projection (location) and set of maps/images
(mapset), storing GCP's for the geospatial data with that projection in the
GRASS database is a reasonable thing to do.

However, we do need to keep track of the target location for a particular
GCP POINTS file--either in the GCP file itself, or in a separate ascii file
like we have now. This is one argument for keeping at least the
$GISBASE/group/ structure. However, it might make more sense if each
directory under $GISBASE/group/ represents a target location (it could have
multiple GCP files) rather than the way it is now with a single target,
single POINTS file, and list  of maps.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University