[GRASS-dev] Re: Issues with advanced viewshed analysis on Mac

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jun 28 03:36:26 EDT 2006

Michael,

this is to do with the fact that I recently updated
the configure script that ships with all extensions
to the latest version from GRASS cvs.
Unfortunately, this script obviously fails if certain
* optional * dependencies are not met.
I think rather than me trying to fix this in the extension
configure scripts, we should fix it for the global
GRASS cvs configure script. I don't think configuring
should fail for anything optional, including postgresql.

Best,

Benjamin

Michael Barton wrote:
> Benjamin,
>
> I tried to install your latest advanced viewshed analysis (downloaded
> yesterday) on my Mac using the current CVS GEM. It hit a rather odd
> error, complaining about PostgreSQL (kind of irrelevant for the
> package). I do have pg, but have the Mac package rather than the Unix
> one, so it’s installed in a different place. I’m also using Lorenzo
> Moretti’s binaries, which are compiled against a standard pg
> installation. Here is the error I get:
>
> [lots of stuff that went right – snip snip ...]
>
> checking whether to use PostgreSQL... yes
> checking for location of PostgreSQL includes...
> checking for libpq-fe.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate PostgreSQL includes.
>
> ERROR: system configuration failed.
> Removing temporary extension files...rm: fts_read: No such file or directory
> shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
> parent directories: No such file or directory
> rmdir: /tmp/grass.extension.EgppmY: Directory not empty
>
> WARNING: could not remove temporary directory /tmp/grass.extension.EgppmY.
> Please remove manually.
> DONE.
> Program exited with an error (code -3). Operation aborted.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Michael
> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany