[GRASS-dev] lib/vask [i.points replacement]

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 09:59:41 EDT 2006

Glynn:
> Firstly, at the lowest level, the utility should allow the use of an
> arbitrary GCP file (i.e. no restrictions on the name or location of
> the file).

why would you want an arbitrary GCP file? they are non-transferable and
non-useful in any general sense. Single use item for a specific set of
circumstances.

Michael:
> I was thinking of having it work more like g.remove. You could simply
> list a set of maps in the input argument. e.g.,
>
> r.rectify input=map[,map,map,...] points=file location=source_location
> mapset=source_mapset method=[method (default to 1st order)]

i.rectify already has input=map[,map,map,...] from the command line.

"points=file" and "location=source_location" need to be combined into a
single parameter. We should not let folks mix and match - a G.C. points
file is valid for only one target projection. This can either be written
into a POINTS file or along side in a TARGET file, but the info is non-
separable as TARGET supplies meaning to the "to" coordinates in the GCP
file.

Be aware that some of the other i.* modules write stuff to group/,
e.g. i.class "signature" files, i.ortho.photo camera params?, ....

best,
Hamish