[GRASS-dev] portable.h alternatives? [was: include/portable.h?]

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jun 30 13:18:29 EDT 2006

Speaking of portable.h, I had to mess with this recently so I could
get a Universal Mac binary.  It involves saving a copy configured on
both platforms and creating a custom portable.h which is
conditionalized on __BIG_ENDIAN__ (an OS X compiler def).

Would it be possible to somehow make this so it doesn't need to be
generated at compile time?  or make it cross-compiler friendly?  Or
maybe there is already an option for that?  Or some other way of
handling this architecture endian/size thing.  Something to make a
Universal build on OS X simpler.  Other than getting the universal
build flags in the right place, this is the main sticky point for an
easy universal build.

The only other alternative is separate builds on each architecture.
Then lipo to merge them together.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect