[GRASSLIST:10656] Re: [GRASS5] Re: Transparency added

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 20:12:50 EST 2006

> >> XDRIVER is currently being cleaned up in preparation for being
> >> killed off altogether. The future of the display architecture is
> >> for libraster (and thus d.* programs) to generate graphic files for
> >> use by the GUI.
> >
> > I hope that there will continue to be a simple and fast widget-free
> > "GUI" window which can be controlled from the command line?
> >
> What do you mean in the wish below? Just trying to understand users'
> UI needs.

All I want is a switch to turn off the buttons bar at the top and the
coordinates under the cursor info bar at the bottom so I can maximize my
screen real-estate while I work. d.erase, d.rast, d.zoom etc should
still work from the command line. It doesn't have to be part of gis.m or
anything fancy, I'm happiest with a simple window like 'd.mon x0' gives.
I understand that d.zoom will be a problem. Hot keys could be used ('z'
switches cursor to zoom crosshairs, e.g.)
This is not a request, just a wish.

Hamish