[GRASS5] d.barscale drawing bug

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 20:39:40 EST 2006

> d.barscale. It's computing the bounds of the modified region
> incorrectly, so it isn't saving (and restoring) enough of the display
> contents.

Interesting... so (without studying the code) R_panel_save() and
R_panel_restore() are only acting on a zoomed chunk, not the whole
frame? That's quite a bit faster than what I had thought.. I've
been wanting to move the d.barscale mouse placement code to other
modules (eg d.legend, d.text.freetype, etc) for a while but it seemed
rather inefficient to save & restore the entire monitor contents to the
disk each time.

Have I got that right?

Hamish