[GRASS5] [bug #4144] (grass) Gis.m display fails to update to new region changes with g.region

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Mar 6 13:34:59 EST 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4144

Subject: Gis.m display fails to update to new region changes with g.region

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: Grass 6.1 cvs binary snapshot 2006-03-04

Gis.m doesn't update the display to new region extents on subsequesnt redraws.

Ex: If I zoom into a small subset of my currently displayed raster, and type g.region -p:

projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       20
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      5174033.36548
south:      5172592.47662
west:       634545.579594
east:       635650.346057
nsres:      5.18305345
ewres:      4.8243077
rows:       278
cols:       229

Now set region to full extent of my raster:

g.region rast=myraster

projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       20
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      5175138.55197738
south:      5166979.86985776
west:       628088.36633083
east:       652649.9283519
nsres:      5.51262305
ewres:      5.02589769
rows:       1480
cols:       4887

But redrawing shows the same extent as the first instance when I was zoomed in, despite g.region showing a larger extent.

~ Eric Patton