[GRASS5] Tools for importing data from mapping servers

Cedric Shock cedricgrass at shockfamily.net
Tue Mar 7 16:40:08 EST 2006

Good day,

I've written a new script for easing importing of tiled data from another
projection. It accepts a list of input files that gdalwarp can handle, as
well as a gdalwarp s_srs source projection and produces a single map in the
current database.

http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/grass/r.in.gdalwarp

Usage example:
input=$HOME/Desktop/RedTile1.geotiff,$HOME/Desktop/RedTile2.geotiff,
$HOME/Desktop/RedTile3.geotiff output=RedTileset s_srs=EPSG:4326

Details: it projects the data in with gdalwarp, asking for a geotiff file with
alpha channel and nodata values marked in the alpha channel. It uses mapcalc
to mark nulls in the other channels where alpha is exactly 0. Finally it
patches all the various inputs together and cleans up the temporary maps.

Issues: Doesn't write history. Anyone want to tell me the right way to do
this?

Additionally I have made small changes to r.tileset, including an overlap
option to add extra cells to the right and top sides of the tiles:

http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/grass/r.tileset

--Cedric Shock