[GRASS5] Tools for importing data from mapping servers

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 18:45:49 EST 2006

> HISTFILE=$LOCATION/hist/$RASTERMAP
> #determine total length:
> STRINGLENGTH=`echo $meta | wc -c | awk '{printf $1}'`
>
> #maximal allowed string length for GRASS hist file 62 chars:
> #(max 20 lines accepted, rest silently truncated by GRASS modules)
> LINELENGTH=62

?
gis.h:
#define MAXEDLINES  50
#define RECORD_LEN  80
struct History
{
    char    mapid[RECORD_LEN];
    char    title[RECORD_LEN];
    char    mapset[RECORD_LEN];
    char    creator[RECORD_LEN];
    char    maptype[RECORD_LEN];
    char    datsrc_1[RECORD_LEN];
    char    datsrc_2[RECORD_LEN];
    char    keywrd[RECORD_LEN];
    int     edlinecnt;
    char    edhist[MAXEDLINES][RECORD_LEN];
};

so 50 rows x 80 cols.

62 may be the limit that r.info will show? 'r.info -h' should show all.

In G_command_history() I used 70. Seems ok.

> Of course it's highly desired to get this added to r.support.

yes.

Hamish