[GRASS5] WMS map server import tools

Cedric Shock cedricgrass at shockfamily.net
Wed Mar 8 22:58:29 EST 2006

Hello again,

I have adapted Sören Gebbert, Markus Neteler and Jachym Cepicky's work on
r.in.onearth and r.in.wms into a small handful of scripts that handle making
tilings, building requests to web maping servers, downloading data, and
importing and projecting data. I couldn't resist calling it r.in.wms (sorry
Jachym). A more complete description can be found here:

http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/grass/grass.html

Or a bundle of all the little programs here:

http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/grass/r.in.wms.tar.gz

Example:
r.in.wms output=elevation_meters mapserver=http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi
layers=us_ned styles=real

This will download the elevation in meters from NASA's onearth server. It will
get enough data to cover the current region at the current resolution.

--Cedric Shock