[GRASS5] Voxel progress

benducke at compuserve.de benducke at compuserve.de
Sat Mar 11 09:46:19 EST 2006

Helena,

The data included in the slovakia3d set works fine,
the 3d region is in this case preset to 0.0-4000.0.
However, if I change the 3d settings, I run into
the same problem:

g.region b=3000.0
r3.mapcalc test=1.0

wrong z-location (0.0 - 1000.0 instead of 3000.0 - 4000.0).
Slices visualisation gives me the expected result, although
at the wrong location.

If I reset the region's z-range to 0.0 - 4000.0,
nviz shows "test" extents to be 0.0 - 4000.0.
If I slice through the data, however it appears at
the RIGHT position (3000.0 - 4000.0). The rest of
the z-range is displayed as NULL (btw., it would be
nice to have transparent NULL voxels).

I hope this will help to track down the problem.

Best wishes,

Benjamin