[GRASS5] v.extracts dissolve option broken? [SOLVED]

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Mar 13 08:19:09 EST 2006

Hello Stephan,

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:29:36 +0100 Stephan Holl <holl at gdf-hannover.de>
wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I would like to dissolve some geometries, but apparently v.extract -d
> seems to be broken. It does not dissolve the boundaries with the same
> attribute.
>
> Is this a userfault or something inside the module?
>
> v.extract -d in=data out=pieceofdata_dis where="col1 = 'labeltext'"

Classical Usererror. I found out that the list-parameter in combination
with the new=-parameter is needed. Otherwise dissolve will not work.

Sorry for making unnessessary noise...

Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508