[GRASS5] GRASS connecting to external software

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Mar 14 08:41:48 EST 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:

> It was an example for existing problems. I have spoken quite a few times to
> people who were interested to connect to GRASS, to invest even money into
> further GRASS development, but then went away since this didn't want to
> or could not (because they were not owner) publish their piece of software
> under GPL.

If they can't release the combined work under the GPL, that means that
some other code which they wish to use is neither GPL/LGPL nor
BSD/MIT, but under some licence which requires different restrictions
on redistribution (e.g. non-commercial use only).

Personally, I don't see any reason to assist such projects.