[GRASS5] New gui.tcl generic user interface

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Mar 14 10:31:15 EST 2006

WOW!!!

This is excellent. It makes GRASS much easier to use and gives it a much
more polished look.

I'm glad you like the button "icons". It will really help people to have
this visual consistency between the GIS Manager and module dialogs. (If
anyone out there has mini-graphic design experience and would like to get
involved with making them even better, I'd welcome the help. )

I'd like to somehow collaborate with you on somehow better merging what you
are doing and the GIS Manager option panes. The latter are all hard coded.
I've long realized that this is inefficient, but until now didn't have much
in the way of an alternative. With the GUI output you've proposed, it should
be possible to capture the option settings from your new dialogs and reroute
them into the GIS Manager as appropriate. This will take some hefty recoding
to start with. After that, however, it should make things MUCH easier.

Congratulations! This is an enormous improvement.

Michael

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287

WWW - http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton