[GRASS5] Re: [DebianGIS] grass and 64bit

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 21:01:39 EST 2006

> > #ifdef 's to remain backwards compat with v.2 ?
>
> If we don't care about supporting FFTW 2.x, the changes to
> lib/gmath/fft.c to use 3.x instead are trivial.
>
> Supporting both 2.x and 3.x would be quite a bit more work due to the
> necessary configure.in changes.

To help decide that from the "is GRASS the only one still using v2?" angle,
here's an informal poll of the Debian packages that use fftw2 and fftw3
currently. (Debian/Stable; thus may be slightly out of date)

FFTW3 wins the `wc -l` test, package relevance is more subjective.

# reverse dependancy check:

$ apt-cache rdepends fftw2
fftw2
Reverse Depends:
 |libgrass
 |grass
 |tela
  sfftw2
 |rezound
 |rezound
 |python2.4-scipy
 |python2.3-scipy
 |python2.2-scipy
 |pdl
  p4fftwgel2
 |mpb-mpi
 |mpb
 |linwsjt
 |libwvstreams4.0-fft
 |libsndobj2
 |libgrass
  k7fftwgel2
  k6fftwgel2
 |grass
 |gramofile
 |grace6
 |grace
 |gmfsk
 |glfer
  galan
  fftw-docs
  fftw-dev
 |extace
 |cassbeam

Note GRASS is listed twice as it exists both in the main archive and in
the DebianGIS repository.

# single precision version of FFTW2
$ apt-cache rdepends sfftw2
sfftw2