[GRASS5] d.polar using d.graph

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 02:09:33 EST 2006

> Markus wrote:
> > The d.polar is waiting for a volunteer to change the xgraph
> > dependency to GRASS' d.graph. Maybe done in a few minutes for
> > someone who knows the syntax of d.graph input... The xgraph input
> > is just a title and coordinate pairs to draw the polar
> > diagram.
>
> well, here's a proof of concept; messy, but it does plot something--

idea - add a switch to d.polar to make a scatter plot (many dots)
diagram with the angle again from the aspect map but the radius taken
from a slope map, not the frequency of occurance count. Together with the
freq rose plot, I think this would be very useful for terrain
classification. The 90deg as max radius means that the scaling to the
edge of the screen is mostly done for you already..

Hamish