[GRASS5] New gui.tcl generic user interface

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Mar 17 12:44:54 EST 2006

Cedric Shock wrote:

> > But the main
> > issue right now are strange results from compositing with g.pnmcomp. I have
> > no idea what's causing these. Cedric, since you appear to know both TclTk
> > and C pretty well, I'd like to ask if you can help us sort this out?
>
> Is g.pnmcomp written in both c and tcl?

It's just C.

And a very simple C program at that: 8 functions, including main(),
using only ANSI C stdio/stdlib functions and basic libgis functions
(G_parser() etc plus G_malloc() and G_fatal_error()).

Logically, there shouldn't be any way in which g.pnmcomp could exhibit
the behaviour which Michael describes. It is reported to be generating
an output file composed from image files which no longer exist.

I'm /really/ curious to find out what's actually going on there.