[GRASS5] Re: OSGeo Incubation IRC chat: in 30 minutes from now

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Mar 21 03:39:20 EST 2006

Hi,

the minutes of the IRC meeting have been posted:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/IncCom_Meeting2#Minutes

Three interesting items for the discussion here, concerning the
Contributor Agreement:
- "Eric Raymond presented his reasons why contribution agreements are
   harmful, and there was extensive discussion on the point."
- "Daniel Brookshier moved to drop the requirement for a CLA for foundation
   projects. Seconded by Chris Holmes. With the understanding that individual
   projects can still use the CLA, the motion was carried without any
   objections."
- "Eric Raymond took an action item to draft a statement for OSGeo on CLAs
   and policy with respect to third-party IP rights and remediation thereof
   for review by Rich, and the board."

(... yes, *the* Eric Raymond, it is good to see really experienced people
interested in this discussions.)

I assume that the second point will help with regard to the possibility
of relicensing of GRASS to MIT/X11 as discussed earlier.

Markus