[GRASS5] r.moran

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Mar 22 00:44:31 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Hamish wrote:

>> What happened to r.moran? I'd need to calculate Moran's I for a
>> rastermap, but I'm unable to find r.moran in GRASS 6.1. If it has
>> dropped off due to lack of a maintainer, please let me know, and I
>> will gladly update it from GRASS 5.4. Is there perhaps another way to
>> to calculate Moran's I?
>
> It's not in 5.4, just the man page is.
>
> It's not the GRASS 5 CVS either, you have to look in the GRASS 4.3
> source code to find it:
>  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass43/source/

Thanks. I'll have to see. It seem that I actually need to do this for
vector areas. so I guess I could make v.autocorrelate that would support
Moran's I and perhaps later Geary's C and other methods. I noticed that
v.autocorr used to exist in grass 5 (or is this again only the manual
page?). Anyway, I'll have a look and see if it is of any use. I know that
the vector engine has changed since then, and much of the code is probably
useless, but the algorithms might be of use... anyway I need it to support
a selected attribute field.

> This means you'll need to add NULL support (instead of 0 as null).

Sure.

> Maybe easier to use the GRASS/R interface and perform the operation in R?
>  http://biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr/library/spdep/html/moran.test.html
>  http://grass.ibiblio.org/statsgrass/index.php#grassR

You might be right. But I guess it wouldn't work for vectors?

> I think we could use a new wiki page listing all older modules not
> ported; not just the 5.4->6.0 list. e.g. r.fuzzy, d.viewproj, r.casc2d,
> etc.? May save someone some trouble. This probably has to be done by
> hand. :/

Yes that would be most helpful. Also it could state the reason for the
drop, like that some other module can handle this too, or blank for unknown?

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>