[GRASS5] New GIS Manager

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Mar 27 01:52:12 EST 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

>>From: Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
>>Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:47:43 +0100
>>To: Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
>>Cc: Michael Rensing <michael.rensing at shaw.ca>, "'grass5 at grass.itc.it'"
>><grass5 at grass.itc.it>
>>Subject: Re: [GRASS5] New GIS Manager
>>

>>Michael Barton wrote:
>>

>>>Up until a couple weeks ago, I'd say it could probably be installed on 6.0.x
>>>and most of it would work.
>>>
>>>With the new, extensive changes to the module gui's, involving a change to
>>>the C module parser.c, I don't know now.
>>>

>>The current gui.tcl won't work with the old parser.c, and I don't
>>think that the current gis.m will work with the old gui.tcl.
>>

>I'll take your word about the former and can vouch for latter. So this means
>that the newest GIS Manager will not work with 6.0.x unless we backport
>parser.c changes from 6.1.

My opinion is to not backport it but to use the available energy to prepare
a GRASS 6.1.0 release. Only then it can enter Debian etc.

Maybe people could indicate how far they see their contributions in terms
of sort-of-stability to create a release branch? I am not talking about
6.2.-stable,
just a somewhat reliable 6.1.0 release to illustrate the great new features
of 6.1.

Markus