[GRASS5] GRASS test suite update

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 07:23:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

> i have slightly modified the html output of the test suite:
> * valgrind memory check information added to the status column
> * new known error messages added
>
> I have added 4 additonal tests to the user defined location, to test
> the error handling of the test suite (flag -u). I have generated two
> html outputs with valgrind memory checks and error handling tests:
>
> AMD machine:
> http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/GRASS_TestSuite/html/AMD64-2Ghz/Summary.html
>
> P4 machine:
> http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/GRASS_TestSuite/html/P4-2.8Ghz/Summary.html
>
> The test suite with the modification is available here:
> http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/GRASS_TestSuite/GRASS_Testsuite-0.1.6.0.tar.gz
>
> Have fun,
> best regards
> Soeren
>
> btw:
> there are lots of memory errors detected in some modules!

many modules don't bother free small bits of memory which will be freed
anyway when the module exits. memory leaks in the libraries or in loops
are probably bad though.

Is there a way to link "memory-errors-detected" to the valgrind output
for a quick browse? Maybe figure out how to sort bad memory errors from
just purposefully orphaned memory and promote bad errors to FAIL
section?

How about a count of and link to a module's compiler warnings? (redirect
stderr to a file during make)

How about a link to the actual "validation-failure" or "module-failure"
error?

thanks,
Hamish