[GRASS5] hydraulic model tools

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon May 1 14:30:18 EDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Is there a list anywhere of what remains to be ported or outstanding
> issues with hydro model tools in current version?

just a note regarding this - most hydrologic modeling tools that were
developed or linked to GRASS
in 90ies and not ported to GRASS6 usually need more than just porting.
Compared to their current versions
(if they exist) they are very much behind so they also need some serious
upgrade
(this is true also for the simwe modules).
I have emailed to Fred Ogden who is one of the co-authors of casc2d to
find out what he thinks should be done
but I don't have an answer yet. The same should probably be done for
answers, swat, r.water.fea  and others.
Also, there are several efforts in development of new hydrologic modules
that I know of but I will
leave the announcement to authors when they are ready.

Helena

> Are there any developers that need a little cash to speed up getting
> some of this fixed up?  Perhaps a few of us who are interested could
> pool some re$ources to help get these tools back into working order.
>
> Anyone else interested/able in putting some funding into the pot?  Any
> developers interested in committing to a timeline and making some cash?
>
> Tyler
>
> ivan marchesini wrote:
>
>> It sounds really interesting!!!
>> we need these tools!!!
>> thank you very much!!!!
>> ivan

>>> It's been a problem of too much code and too few active developers. :(

>>> You can send to me directly if you like.  I'll review it and commit
>>> working code.
>>>
>>> Also, if you have a test scenario(s) (preferably with Spearfish
>>> dataset), please forward that as well.

Helena Mitasova
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208