[GRASS5] Re: [Qgis-user] Orphan nodes with GRASS edit plugin

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Tue May 2 06:39:22 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006 12:22:40 +0200
qgis at rigacci.org wrote:

> > How does this work? ("Delete line" will also delete
> > boundaries/points/centroids; that's propably why in 0.7.9 it was
> > renamed to "Delete element").
>
> Tried both "Delete vertex" and "Delete line" (the only delete
> buttons in 0.7.4): no way to remove the dangle vertex.
>
> I can reproduce the problem as many times as I want: add a line,
> then remove vertexes until only one remains. The survivor is
> undeletable and unmoveable. I have a vector map full of orphan
> nodes!
>
> My be an orphan node is not a line, nor a boundary, point or
> centroid.
>
> Can someone test 0.7.9 on this?

I confirm, using 0.7.9 2006-04-20.

1. Draw a vector line.
2. "Delete vertex" until none left to delete.
3. A single red cross remains in Grass digit display. You can't "Delete
element", "Delete vertex" nor "Move element" etc.
4. In Qgis map canvas nothing is displayed. Becomes visible only after
entering Grass digit.

v.build in Grass says about it:

$ v.build nowa
Building topology ...
1 primitives registered
Building areas:  100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids:  100%
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   2
Number of primitives:   1
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   1
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0

If opened in v.digit in Grass, all the symptons 1-4 apply too. So it
seems like a general issue with Grass vector format. CCing grass devel
list and Radim.

> May be a bug report should be opened?

Seems a Grass issue rather than Qgis.

Maciek