[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS5] GEM in CVS

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at gmx.de
Thu May 4 08:44:03 EDT 2006

Hi,
i just tried to install a GRASS extension via GEM.
But after the semi successful installation, my gis.m manager wont start anymore. :(

This is what i have done:

I compiled GEM as it is written in the docu, then i installed the RasterTools Extension with:

gem -v --install=/home/soeren/src/RasterTools.tar.gz --grass=/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs

This warning occurs while the installation:

WARNING: Unknown format of index.html. Unable to register HTML man pages.

Then i startet grass61 and the gis.m manager stoped with this error:

Mapset <testmapset> in Location <TestLocation>
GRASS 6.1.cvs > Error in startup script: unmatched open brace in list
    while executing
"llength $menu"
    (procedure "MainFrame::create" line 62)
    invoked from within
"MainFrame::create .mainframe -menu \n\ \"&File\"\ all\ file\ 1\ \{\n\t\ \{casca                                       d\ \"Import\"\ \{\}\ \"\"\ 1\ \{\t\t\t\n\ \t\t\{cascad\ \"Raster\ map\"..."
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval MainFrame::create $path $args"
    (procedure "MainFrame" line 1)
    invoked from within
"MainFrame .mainframe  -menu $descmenu  -textvariable Gm::status  -progressvar                                         Gm::prgindic "
    (procedure "Gm::create" line 29)
    invoked from within
"Gm::create"
    (procedure "main" line 29)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/gm/gm.tcl" line 522)

The error is an unopen brace ... well .... but i have absolutely no clue of tcl and where to look
for this???
Can somebody please help me to get the gis.m back to work, without removing and installing grass again?

Many Thanks
Soeren