[GRASS-dev] r.colors bug?

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri May 5 12:08:34 EDT 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 17:45, Hamish wrote:
> > I am not sure if I found a bug or if something is wrong with my raster
> > images.
> >
> > If I use r.colors to change my raster colours, nothing happens and if
> > I add a  legend, it does not show the same colour palette as visible
> > in the raster  image but the one I specified by r.colors.
> >
> > can somebody replicate this behaviour?
> >
> > using GRASS cvs from yesterday.
>
> If using gis.m the r.colors call will not trigger that graphics layer to
> be updated. Try zooming, restarting the monitor, or restarting the gis.m

zoom in - zoom out changed the colour settings for the raster. thanks for the
hint!

I did r.colors from the command line as well as from gis.m - same result.

> If from the command line I'm confused, d.legend and d.rast should access
> the map's colors in the same way.

command line only:

d.legend/d.rast does not work from the command line at once:
"No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>"

if I do
d.mon x0
d.rast ...
d.legend ...

it works with the correct colour settings.

Martin

--
Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center
@
Dept.of Geography
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
&&
Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
University of Wuerzburg
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797