[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m: artifacts renderend

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun May 7 15:01:37 EDT 2006

On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:17:10 -0700
Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

> Maciek,
>
> I haven't had a chance to do this with some of my own vectors. But the
> images you send *look* like they are behaving exactly as they should.
> Each images looks like the zoom is to one or the other of the two
> vectors.

They the same vector in 2 instances (ie. 2 gis.m vector layers - one
duplicated from the other). They should be identical. The way they are
in d.m.

> Images 1 & 2 appear to be zooming to the bottom vector; image 3
> appears to be zooming to the top vector.
>
> How is this different from what you expected?

They should perfectly cover one another. Both layers are the same
vector file! So why should they be displayed at different zoom levels
within the same display? gis.m, provided the conditions I describe,
displays the 1st instance in one zoom level, and the 2nd instance in
another zoom level, while within the same "Map display" they should
cover each other. This is wrong.

Just try my procedure. Easy to replicate. In d.m it works OK. Only
gis.m is affected.

Maciek