[GRASS-dev] [bug #4423] (grass) Grass GUI failed for Grass5.4/ Cygwin setup for Grass 6.0 failed

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun May 7 18:23:08 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4423

Subject: Grass GUI failed for Grass5.4/  Cygwin setup for Grass 6.0 failed

Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries

Hello! My name is Niels Meyer. I´m a new user of Grass. A few minutes ago I downloaded the version Grass 5.4 because the installing of version 6.0 failed (setup.exe of cygwin failed). Now, I have the problem, that I couldn´t enter the GUI with the tcl/tk module. I installed the package like it is desriped in the manual. But I only see the black window to tip in my commands. How can I start the GUI? What is the failure? Can you help me? Thanks for answering my question!
N.Meyer