[GRASS-dev] configure: testing arch endian

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sun May 7 20:51:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

I would like to add a macro into aclocal.m4/configure.in to test for
architecture byte order.  This would then define something like
G_BIGENDIAN 0/1 in include/config.h.in.

I think this would be better than testing for it constantly with
G_is_little_endian().  This would also keep it from being reimplemented
in libraries that are not interdependent (eg. lib/gis,
lib/vector/dglib).

I noticed that endian is not even considered in lib/image.  I'll fix
that if I get the clear for the above (or some reversion of).

Comments?  Caveats?

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785