[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m: artifacts renderend

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun May 7 23:21:08 EDT 2006

Maciek,

I cannot duplicate your results exactly. However, doing what you describe
locks up gism for me.

Here is what I'm pretty sure is happening.

1. vector added twice (layers 1 & 2)

2. zoom to any region extents: d.vect is run producing PPM files for layers
1 & 2 that are composited using g.pnmcomp.

3. turn off layer 1 and zoom to any new region extents: active layer 2 is
re-rendered, but inactive layer 1 is not re-rendered because it is not
active (THIS is the problem. There was a check for this that apparently has
been lost in very recent changes).

4. make layer 1 active again and attempt to display: Layer 2 is correctly
rendered, but layer 1 is not rerendered. G.pnmcomp attempts to composite
layers 1 and 2, but they have different geometries causing it to hang (on my
system) or incorrectly display layer 1 (on your system).

We need to fix the bug in step 3. Thanks for finding it.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213