[GRASS-dev] gis.m improvements

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon May 8 18:51:50 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> What about making it 50%?
>
> Anybody else want to weigh in on this?
>
> We simply need to pick a value that is most useful to most people.
> Sometimes people who like it the way it is are those who are silent.

I normally use sqrt(2). 2:1 or 1:2 are probably too much for a single
step; sqrt(2) gives you 2:1 or 1:2 in two steps.

Whichever is chosen, the ratio should be symmetric, so that zoom-out
and zoom-in are inverses. IOW, if the default zoom-out is 1.3:1, the
zoom in should be 1:1.3 (0.77:1), not 0.7:1.