[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSLIST:962] Re: GRASS and vector lines: how can I change the direction of digitized lines?

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun May 14 09:43:20 EDT 2006

n Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:35:32 +0200
wqual <wolfgang.qual at gmx.net> wrote:

<snip>
> b) how can I change the direction of the lines in GRASS?

Hi All,

I've been looking for this functionality too. Following Markus
suggestion, I have written a script to flip directions of selected
Grass line vectors, all done within Grass.

This is my first ehm full-blown Grass script. I will be very gratefull
for any comments and guiding on how to improve it.

I'm especially interested in the following:

1. Is there another way to safely create temporary vector files than I
do (ie. use a likely unique name, check if it doesn't exist yet in the
mapset, proceed if not, else stop and issue a warning).

2. I use "v.clean tool=snap thresh=0.01" to re-connect the flipped and
the remaining original lines. Is it 100% robust? No risk that some
won't be connected?

Wolfgang,

Can you see if it works for you? Backup your data first! ;)

Maciek

W polskim Internecie s? setki milion?w stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/