[GRASS-dev] g-ps.map

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 18 18:44:42 EDT 2006

Dear Jachym,

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> GRASS developers and users,
> a month ago, when I was learing python, I tryed to write small
> application, which should be able to produce configuration file for
> ps.map. I called it G-ps.map.

Great initiative !

> Are there some voluteers, who would like to help with the development?
> Lot's of work has to be done. I'm working on some other project now, so
> if somebody would help, it would be good.

At the moment I really have no time, but I did try to test your program.
However, I don't seem to get it to work

When I try to save the file, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "SRC/GRASS/gpsmap-0.1/gpsmap.py", line 224, in on_buttonSave_clicked
     self.on_printMapfile_clicked(self,output=self.psmapfile)
   File "SRC/GRASS/gpsmap-0.1/gpsmap.py", line 135, in
on_printMapfile_clicked
     print """
TypeError: float argument required

When I click on the print button, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "SRC/GRASS/gpsmap-0.1/gpsmap.py", line 155, in
on_printMapfile_clicked
     instructionKeys, instructionVals =\
AttributeError: InstructionsView instance has no attribute 'get_instruction'

And with the refresh button, I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "SRC/GRASS/gpsmap-0.1/gpsmap.py", line 270, in
on_refreshButton_clicked
     self.draw(None, None)
   File "SRC/GRASS/gpsmap-0.1/gpsmap.py", line 466, in draw
     x,y = self.drawingmap.region2pixel(string.atof(x),\
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/string.py", line 205, in atof
     return _float(s)
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): x

For your information, I use Debian, with the following packages:

python 2.3.5
python-glade2 2.8.2
python-gtk 2.8.2

and CVS-tree GRASS.