[GRASS-dev] v.category area/face

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue May 23 05:51:54 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am not sure whether the vector type 'area' should be listed in
v.category report. As I understand 'area' is a "virtual" vector type,
a category number is always connected with the centroid/boundary. So
if I understand well count of area (in v.category) is always '0' (??).

LAYER 1:
type       count        min        max
point          0          0          0
line           0          0          0
boundary       1          1          1
centroid       3          1          1
area           0          0          0
all            4          1          1

The second point is the vector type 'face' which seems to be ignored
in v.category.

LAYER/TABLE 1/objekty:
type       count        min        max
point          0          0          0
line           0          0          0
boundary       0          0          0
centroid       0          0          0
area           0          0          0
all       336405          1         14

 |   Number of boundaries:   0               Number of faces:      336405     |

I have slightly modified v.category in this way. But I am not sure
about removing vector type 'area' (also from parameter 'type') from
v.category report...

Another question: is there any reason why 'face' is not part of G_OPT_V_TYPE.

Best regards, Martin