[GRASS-dev] v.digit: Qt or wxWidgets

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 23:09:05 EDT 2006

> [1] If Qt's licencing terms really did require you to publish
> "private" derivative works, I think that the FSF would have said
> something by now.

let's just go to the source..

wget http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/Qt/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-src-4.1.3.zip

$ unzip qt-win-opensource-src-4.1.3.zip

$ head LICENSE.GPL

 The Qt GUI Toolkit is Copyright (C) 1994-2006 Trolltech AS.

 You may use, distribute and copy the Qt GUI Toolkit under the terms of
 GNU General Public License version 2, which is displayed below.

                    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
                       Version 2, June 1991

$ head -22 src/winmain/qtmain_win.cpp
/****************************************************************************
**
** Copyright (C) 1992-2006 Trolltech AS. All rights reserved.
**
** This file is part of the window classes of the Qt Toolkit.
**
** This file may be used under the terms of the GNU General Public
** License version 2.0 as published by the Free Software Foundation
** and appearing in the file LICENSE.GPL included in the packaging of
** this file.  Please review the following information to ensure GNU
** General Public Licensing requirements will be met:
** http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/opensource.html
**
** If you are unsure which license is appropriate for your use, please
** review the following information:
** http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/licensing.html or contact the
** sales department at sales at trolltech.com.
**
** This file is provided AS IS with NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE
** WARRANTY OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
**

$ less OPENSOURCE-NOTICE.TXT
[attached]

Hamish