[GRASS-dev] [bug #4488] (grass) v.to.rast: wrong cells rasterised often

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Thu May 25 17:05:05 EDT 2006

On Thu, 25 May 2006 21:57:24 +0200 (CEST)
Markus Neteler via RT <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote:

> Maciek,
>
> I get the same result, but probably it was implemented like
> that by purpose. The incriminated cell which you find a
> spatial outlier is needed to give a good rasterized
> representation of the line *form*:
>
> http://www.biol.uni.wroc.pl/sieczka/udostepnione/grass/vtorast/wrong_cell.png
>
> Probably we want a flag to either strictly follow the line
> or to preserve as much as possible of the vector shape.

Markus,

IMHO the default behaviour should be to follow the vector input as
extactly as possible, not to try to be wiser than the data and the
user.

I appreciate your theory, but I still believe that it's all just an
oridinary bug. See these attached ones, for which I can't find a
justification.

Thanks for your reply!

Maciek

W polskim Internecie s? setki milion?w stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/