[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSLIST:962] Re: GRASS and vector lines: how can I change the direction of digitized lines?

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Tue May 30 17:53:48 EDT 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 21:47:37 +0200
Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:

> Needless to say, as normal "> /dev/null" doesn't any help in case of
> v.patch and v.clean output, I like [1] more than [2] and would like to
> use ">&1> /dev/null" in my script to reduce v.patch and v.clean
> verbosity, while leaving them able to issue warnings and errors still.

OK, user error. "> /dev/null" works as expected, ">&1> /dev/null" or
">&2> /dev/null" don't do any magic difference actually, in spite of
what I claimed. All the confussion comes from my too numerous trial and
error late at night, trying to filter out v.clean and v.patch output (to
no avail), which print to stderr things that should go stdout instead.

Sorry for the mess, still new to bash and coreutils, but learning :).

Maciek