[GRASS-dev] Discussing new GUI toolkit: v.pydigit

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Wed May 31 01:37:26 EDT 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 01:58:52 +0200
Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> concerning the discussion about new GUI, used toolkit, programing
> language, etc., etc., etc. I started to write script, which could show
> us the way/problems/advantages/disadvantages.
>
> It is the python script, with GTK+ toolkit (PyGTK). The GUI is build by
> Glade. It took me 3 days include pretty much learning of how the things
> are done by glade/pygtk, to write such an gui. I would say, it is pretty
> fast.

This is pretty quick.

I downloaded and played with it a bit tonight and it seems good. In
notice that the active highlighting on object selection was not smooth;
nice idea, but perhaps not necessary. I really liked the undo feature.

Thanks for doing this, this is a valuable test and helps in the
thinking process.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)