[GRASS-dev] Maybe a bug?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed May 31 21:13:08 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> On checking, I realized that a further file/process named "PNG" was also
> open. When I killed that, the others closed too. Is this the PNG driver that
> is somehow not getting closed?

Yes.

> Why not when I shut down GRASS entirely?

The Init.sh script does the following on termination:

	# GRASS session finished
	tput clear
	echo "Closing monitors....."
	for MON  in `d.mon -L | grep running | grep -v "not running" | sed 's/ .*//'`
	do
	    echo d.mon stop=$MON
	    d.mon stop=$MON
	done

It's possible that the PNG driver gets omitted from the "for" loop, or
that "d.mon stop=..." fails for some reason. It's hard to say which or
why without more information.