[GRASS-dev] OSX/X11 GLX improvements

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 1 17:29:13 EST 2006

It's not often that Apple updates their X11 installation.  Something
that directly affects NVIZ:

"
This update addresses several issues in the X11 for Mac OS X package,
enabling it to better handle:

- GLX stereo visuals
- offscreen rendering to GLX Pbuffers and Pixmaps
"

It should show up in my next 6.3 CVS build if configure picks it up.
It's only for the current Tiger 10.4.8, not Panther, so that would
break Panther compatibility unless I force-disable pbuffers or
generate separate binaries (bleh).

Note: this is just an X11 update, and probably won't affect the Aqua
NVIZ issue.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy