[GRASS-dev] How to change fonts in gis manager?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 6 02:02:16 EST 2006

Glynn,

I¹ve created a nice TclTk panel for d.text.new in the GIS Manager. It works
fine. Now I¹d like to be able to change the fonts it uses. Currently, it
only seems to use romans.

I¹ve taken out the hard coded d.font romans from the gis.m display routine
as it seems to be no longer needed with the new drivers.

But still, when I run d.font (which requires an x.mon to run) and
d.font.freetype, it has no effects on d.text.new. I want to embed font
selection in the d.text.new panel but want to make sure it works and see
what format of fonts definitions it will accept.

Do you have any idea why changing the fonts doesn¹t have any effects on
d.text.new?

Thanks
Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity