[GRASS-dev] GRASS at GForge first steps

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 00:11:08 EST 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> I will do it (try to do it). What exactly am I supposed to do? My
> imaginatio is following:
>
>     - Someone will submit some patch to wald
>     - I (or someone else) will examine the patch, look if it does what
>       it is supposed to do and paste my comment about this patch to
>       grass-dev list
>     - If it will be only small correction, I'll apply the patch to CVS
>       immediately
>     - If it will be bigger change and nobody will complain in
>     grass-dev
>         within a week or so, I'll commit the change too.
>
> Anything else? Or do I understand this task completely wrong?

I prefer to be more conservative, adding code to CVS should be opt-in
not opt-out. A patch needs a developer-supporter to give it the ok,
versus falling into CVS by default. (see PSC code accountability
requirements) I don't think it is bad that many patches could collect
there, or at least that is better than bad patches falling into CVS by
default because devels were busy that week.

10c, (NZ just abolished the 5c coin, and abolished the 1,2c coins in the
early 90s; but after the exchange rate the 10c is a lot less than it
sounds ;)

Hamish