[GRASS-dev] collecting grass (future) concepts

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Nov 7 08:32:05 EST 2006

[from GRASS-dev list discussion to reduce number of lists]

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 04:36:42PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > here my candidates for merge/removal:
> >
> > grassgui  	GRASSGUI mailing list
> > nvizlist 	List to discuss GRASS/NVIZ visualization tools
> > sqlgrass 	GRASS and SQL support
> >

> > If you look at
> > http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/nvizlist/
> > http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassgui/
> > http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/sqlgrass/
> >
> > you can see that they are basically unused. As a first attempt
> > we could simply remove them from
> > http://grass.itc.it/community/support.php
> > to not mislead people (who do not receive answers there).
> >
> > Then I could close them for further subscription but leave
> > the archives alive.
>

> this sounds like a good plan to me,
>

> Hamish

Due to various positive feedbacks:

Done so. It is no longer possible to subscribe to above lists,
they have been removed from the Web site listing of mailing lists.
The archives are still accessible and searchable. I didn't
actively unsubscribe people but would just leave it as-is.

Markus