[GRASS-dev] CVS date&time on manuals page?

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sun Nov 12 17:39:55 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 18:15 +0100, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> While setting up the tracker for doc bugs, I've come to an idea that it
> would be usefull to have the CVS checkout's date and time displayed on
> the http://grass.itc.it/gdp/manuals.php. So the user (who is not using
> CVS) reporting a manual bug, can know if his issue is still actuall and
> what CVS checkout he is reffering to, and supply this CVS date and time
> in the bug report (see
> http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=21&atid=184).
>
> Does it sound any good to you?

I like the idea.

Is that what is labeled 'postscript' under GRASS Component?  Would
calling it 'documentation' or something similar be more intuitive to the
general user or is it for something different?

Does GForge have the ability to pull up different form elements for
different components?  For example, changing the component to a doc bug
would refresh with (please, no DHTML or excessive JavaScript) inputs for
CVS dtime.  That would be nice and keep clutter to a minimum, but may
also be a pain to develop and implement.  WYSIWYG across all browsers is
not for the weak and impatient. :-)

Are there two bug trackers?  One for code and one for docs?  Am I
interpreting that right?

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785